Vehicle and Transportation Intelligence [VATINT]
A collection of web tools and resources to assist with the identification and tracking of vehicles, boats, aircraft and other transportation.
- Vehicle Recognition
- Vehicle Identification Numbers (VIN)
- License Plates
- Vessel Tracking
- ShipFinder Another website to track any ship’s live location by simply searching the ship’s name. This website shows complete details about the ship like latitude and longitude, destination port, speed, and estimated time to reach their destination.
- BoatNerd This application shows the vessel name, when we click on the vessel name on the map it shows details like screen location, ship type, position, destination, estimated time (ETA), speed, dimensions, and status.
- ShippingExplorer An open-source website to track any vessel in real-time. Allows you to view different ships, ports, location with photos. You can also view the port names with country name and the number of ships available.
- Vessel and Crew Information
- The Superyacht Directory The world’s largest database of private luxury yachts, with over 12,000 mega yachts listed. It’s the most authoritative place to find everything you need to know about superyachts. Including new builds, historic vessels and the most famous boats of all time.
- Container Tracking and Information
- Shipping Container Info A searchable database that provides various information regarding cargo containers such as dimensions, owner information, suppliers, manufacturers, tracking, specifications and more.
- CMA CGM VoyageFinder A tracking system that allows you to track any CMA CGM container by entering the Bill of Lading or Tracking Number (or Booking Reference Number). This "track-and-trace" system provides details about searched containers location.
- Aircraft Tracking
- AirNav RadarBox A tracking portal for real-time tracking updates. Flight position data is relayed by over 12 different data aggregating sources, including ADS-B, FAA SWIM, MLAT, ADS-C and Oceanic Reports, to give second-by-second position updates along an aircraft's journey.
- Aircraft Information
- Airport Information
- OurAirports A map and database of airport information from around the world. Provides plenty of useful information and links, they also provide free downloadable datasets in various file formats that is updated daily.
- Other Information
- Railway Maps and Tracking
- US Surface Transportation Board Railroad Map Depot An independent US federal agency that provides access to a national rail network map as well as localized maps that allow for layering and saving your own images.
- US FRA Safety Map The Federal Railroad Administration provides an interactive map that shows class I, passenger, commuter and Amtrak railroads with multiple map layers that show freight station, grade crossing and mileposts.
- ACWR Interactive Railroad Maps This website provides nine different interactive railroad maps for the US and Canada. Also provides information regarding fleets, interchanges, maintenance equipment and buildings.
- Other Information
- General Public Transit
- North America
An organized and importable .html bookmark file that includes everything listed on this page.
A PDF copy that contains everything on this page for offline use. Updated - 24/9/2022.