Comment on page
Organized Crime and Illicit Trade
A collection of online resources and tools to assist with actual criminal and illegal trade investigations.
- InsightCrime Criminal history, latest news and investigations organized by country. Provides news and information about the drug trade, armed groups, criminal actors, and other investigative reports.
- Global Initiative comprises a network of over 500 independent global and regional experts working on human rights, democracy, governance, and development issues where organized crime has become increasingly pertinent.
- Wikipedia - List of Criminal Enterprises (WikiLess) This is a global listing of criminal enterprises, cartels, smuggling rings, street and prison gangs, tongs, mafias, syndicates and cybercrime networks that are or have been involved in organized crime. Some data here is out-dated, but still valuable.
- Global Modern Slavery Directory Designed to be a useful tool for all stakeholders in the global anti-human trafficking field including providers, potential victims, survivors, community members, researchers, students, and others looking to identify or connect with resources.
- Human Trafficking Search The global resource and research database on human trafficking. The database consists of academic journals, reports, research studies, congressional testimony, news articles, and other primary and secondary sources.
- Migration Policy Data Hub Showcases the most current national and state-level demographic, social, and economic facts about immigrants to the United States; as well as stock, flow, citizenship, net migration, and historical data for countries in Europe, North America, and beyond.
- OFAC Sanctions List Search The US sanctions list includes many entities involved in drug trafficking, including a long list of individuals and companies targeted under the “Kingpin Act". Also available as a PDF document. An archived copy of this document from June 8th, 2021 can be found here (Wayback).
- [PDF] 2020 National Drug Threat Assessment Lots and lots of good information in here, including some pretty interesting images. Has information about transnational traffickers in the Americas and Asia, trafficking methods, and illicit finance. Archived copies available here (Wayback) and here (Library Genesis).
- Oxpeckers Africa's first environmental investigation unit. Combining traditional investigative techniques, data analysis and GEOINT to help expose wildlife offences and track organized criminal syndicates.
- WWF The World Wide Fund for Nature is an international non-governmental organization founded in 1961 that works in the field of wilderness and wildlife preservation and the reduction of human impact on the environment.
- [PDF] Money Laundering and the Illegal Wildlife Trade A report released in June 2020 from the FATF that describes how proceeds from the wildlife black market is laundered and how it's used to fuel crime and corruption. Archived here (Wayback) and here (Library Genesis).
- [PDF] UNODC Wildlife and Forest Crime Analytic Toolkit A very well put together document that gives a comprehensive overview for understanding the main issues related to environmental offences and for analyzing preventive and criminal justice responses to wildlife and forest offences in a given country. Archived copies available here (Wayback) and here (Library Genesis).
- ScamNumbers A worldwide database of phone numbers that have been proven to be used by internet scammers. Tells you where in the world it is from, along with any other additional details that are available.
- Havocscope Provides information and threat intelligence on the global black market. The information about the black market has been collected from government agencies, academic studies, media reports, and reported data from other private sources.
An organized and importable .html bookmark file that includes everything listed on this page.
A PDF copy that contains everything on this page for offline use. Updated - 24/9/2022.