Comment on page
Financial Intelligence [FININT]
A collection of online resources and tools to assist with AML and FININT investigations.
- OCCRP Aleph An investigative data platform that helps reporters follow the money. They provide public access to a vast archive of government records and open databases. OCCRP also grants access to journalists and activists on a case by case basis.
- StAR: The Stolen Asset Recovery Initiative A partnership between the World Bank Group and the United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime that supports international efforts to end safe havens for corrupt funds. Offers many reports and AML information.
- General Analysis
- Blockchain Explorer Contains information about Bitcoin (BTC), Bitcoin Cash (BCH) and Ethereum (ETH) including historical prices, most recently mined blocks, the mempool size of unconfirmed transactions, and data for the latest transactions.
- DeBank An all-in-one cryptocurrency wallet that allows users to track their full portfolio through various chains as well as can help users track DeFi applications, compare interest rates, manage assets, find DeFi projects, analyze risks, and more.
- BSC Scan The leading blockchain explorer for the Binance Smart Chain, built by the same team behind Etherscan. Besides tracking transactions, verifying smart contracts and other features, it is also the leading validator for BSC.
- Bitcoin (BTC) Specific
- BitcoinWhosWho Provides plenty of useful tools for the Bitcoin network. Allows you to explore the blockchain, check if a BTC address has been reported as a scam, discover owners of BTC addresses, setup transaction alerts to notify you when a target BTC address has activity on the blockchain and more.
- [PDF] Bitcoin: A Peer-to-Peer Electronic Cash System The original Bitcoin technical whitepaper written and released by the mysterious Satoshi Nakamoto on 31/10/2008. Archived copies available here (Wayback) and here (Library Genesis).
- FINRA Disciplinary Action Search Conduct a search for FINRA disciplinary actions that were issued 2005 or later, and are eligible for publication pursuant to FINRA Rule 8313 (Wayback), (archive.today). Results will also include opinions issued by the SEC and federal appellate courts that relate to FINRA disciplinary actions that have been appealed.
- Financial Secrecy Index Ranks jurisdictions according to their secrecy and the scale of their offshore financial activities. A politically neutral ranking, it is a tool for understanding global financial secrecy, tax havens or secrecy jurisdictions, and illicit financial flows or capital flight.
- Enigma Offers tools for small businesses operating in the United States such as real-time revenue insights, risk assessments, merchant transactions, marketing tools and a small business directory. Requires a paid subscription.
- FDIC BankFind Locate current and former FDIC insured banking institutions by name, FDIC certificate number, website or location. It also allows you to follow the history and financial trends of an individual institution, group of institutions, or the industry as a whole.
- ABA Routing Number Lookup Allows for single lookups of financial institution routing numbers. Users of this service are allowed no more than two lookups per day and are limited to ten lookups per month.
- BinBase Virtual BIN lookup for various users, including merchants, bookmakers, payment processors, collection agencies and fraud prevention specialists. You can find information for credit, debit, prepaid, reloadable, gift cards and other card types.
An organized and importable .html bookmark file that includes everything listed on this page.
A PDF copy that contains everything on this page for offline use. Updated - 24/9/2022.